Nail Gun Safety Rules for Woodworking and Your Woodshop
- Wear safety glasses with side shields.
- Disconnect the nail gun from the electrical outlet or air hose when resupplying it with nails.
- Keep fingers away from the trigger when not in operation.
- Press the nail gun firmly onto the stock before attempting to nail.
- Use only compressed air to power the nail gun, not bottled gas.
- Never exceed 120 psi, or the manufacturer's specifications.
- Always be sure that the nose guard safety spring is in position.
- Always move forward in a sequential order when nailing.
- Never use old or rusty nails in the nail gun.
- Never point the nail gun at another person.
- Never rest the nail gun against any part of your body.
- When finished with the nailing procedure, disconnect the nail gun from the power source.
Navigate: Lee's Wood Projects > Woodshop & Woodworking Safety Rules > Nail Gun Safety Rules